I am very excited to visit the in-laws though I'm not a huge fan of flying PLUS this will be little E's first airplane trip! I'm praying that our flights go smoothly and that we will stay semi-sane through these holiday travels. E has been throwing up this morning and I hope we can all be healthy by tomorrow morning and ready to fly...
|The only plus about sick days: more cuddles!|
Here are a few things I'm doing to make flying more enjoyable...
6 Sanity-Saving Airport Strategies:
- Keep Moving During Layovers - This is our active time to blow off the toddler's steam before sitting down on the flight again. During our 4 hour lay-over, we might as well do some jumping jacks, lunges and squats, too! I bet we'll even have time for a game of tag.
- Dress Comfy - I'm wearing semi-activewear for our big travel day so I can comfortably run around the airport with our son to blow off some of his energy and also sit/sleep on our longer flight. A sweatshirt and comfy jeans or pants are my ideal for travel.
- Pack Snacks - We are packing plenty of toddler snacks for E: PB & J sandwiches, goldfish and raisins. Leo and I will both bring our empty water bottles and probably steal some of the toddler snacks, too. And don't forget that sippy cup!
- Bring Entertainment - For E, I'm packing a Color Wonder book and markers, a couple reading books, a small ball and a toy tractor to keep us busy during the waiting. Before having a kid, Leo and I used our travel-waiting time to talk, read books or I would write but now it's all about keeping the toddler busy!
- Nap During the Flight - If we run around enough during the lay-over, I'm hoping E will take a nap for most (or at least half) of our 4-hour flight! (Mom wouldn't mind a nap either)
- Bring "The" Blanket - Never forget the toddler's blanket. Might as well just go back home if we forget that blanket!
Pregnancy Week 16: Baby #2
|E wanted to show his belly, too!|
Baby's Size: Avocado, average fetus size: 4.5 in, 3.5 oz.
Cravings: Bring on the Chinese food... and eggs.
Aversions: Anything that's not related to Chinese food, eggs or oatmeal.
Eating: Hungry, like most pregnant women.
I'm Feeling: Really tired this week. We had our second baby appointment this week and it was wonderful to hear baby's heartbeat at a solid 160 bpm. I'm measuring 6 weeks ahead (21 weeks) right now and I'm antsy to have our ultrasound 4 weeks from now. Praying that everything is okay and maybe baby is just in a huge growth spurt!
Sleep: The same. I'm up once a night to head to the restroom and E is up crying some nights lately.
Weight: Up 7 lbs. from pre-pregnancy weight. Must be a growth spurt!?
My Prayer for Baby: "Lord, thank You for the blessing of hearing Baby's heartbeat this week! I pray that everything is fine with Baby's growth and that You give me peace as we wait for our ultrasound appointment. Thank You for blessing us with our children and I pray for their future spouses; that they will love the Lord, be caring and respectful. Amen."
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 JOHN 1:4Last Week's Workouts:
Monday: 3 miles on the treadmill, 10:04/mile average. Feeling good but so tired.
Tuesday: G-Fit Workout of the Day.
Wednesday: 3 miles on the treadmill, 10:00/mile average. Starting to feel better!
Thursday: Ctollerun Dumbbell Workout: Upper Body
Friday: 3 miles on the treadmill, 10:01/mile watching "More Business of Being Born".
Saturday: 3 miles on the treadmill, 10:00/mile average.
Total Mileage: 12 miles
Do you have any toddler travel tips to share??
Linking up at Fitness Friday and Mommy Moments.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin