This week the [optional] topic is:
This has been a challenging topic to write on because there are so many women in my life who inspire me. Instead of making a mega-list for you, I thought it would be best to look into what qualities these women have that inspire me - what they have in common.
The "perfect woman/wife/mom" status is unattainable in this life. What inspires me is seeing women who are living examples of what it looks like to be a Proverbs 31 woman in today's world.
These women aren't mirror images of the woman described in Proverbs 31:10-31. They don't live their lives totally stressed out by trying to be perfect.
An inspiring woman is real. She has daily struggles. She has bad days. She messes up. But she never loses sight of the purpose God has given her.
She lives a life centered around honor and reverence for God, compassion for those in need and faithfulness and love toward their family.
What make a woman inspiring? Here are six inspiring qualities taken from Proverbs 31:
Six Qualities of an Inspiring Woman
1. God-fearing.I'm starting off with the most important component of an inspiring woman. Her life, each and every day, is centered around honor and reverence for God.
Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Proverbs 31:30
2. Respectful.She is trustworthy and respectful to her husband and to others, too. Instead of constantly nagging, she actually enriches her husbands life!
Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. Proverbs 31:11
3. Ambitious.She isn't lazy. This woman is there for her family and takes care of the affairs of her household.
She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness. Proverbs 31:27
4. Strong.She is a woman who doesn't waste time complaining but instead gets things done. She has the energy and strength to take care of each task at hand!
She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. Proverbs 31:17
5. Compassionate.She has a heart for helping those in need and makes time to do so.
She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy. Proverbs 31:20
6. Encouraging.She doesn't tear other people down with her words. Instead she encourages with words of wisdom and kindness.
When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness. Proverbs 31:26
|View Pin Here|
Because Mother's Day is coming up in only a couple more weeks, I have to share a few very special women who have been/are inspirations in my life.
My great grandma (who is turning 96 in June!), my grandma and my mom!
What qualities most inspire you?
Linking up with the Fit Dish.